Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Behind the Scenes – A Sneak Peak at Continuity

Next week Continuity, a new shop, will be opening on Third Street in downtown Muskegon. The shop, located at 1115 Third Street, Ste. 3 is being opened by Jennifer Cross. She was able to spare some time to tell me about her new business.



MS: Thank you for taking the time to meet with me. Could you please describe your new business?

JC: Continuity is a casual eclectic shop featuring unique antiques, nostalgic vintage and one of a kind upcycled goods. The store will carry home décor and furniture. The store will also do consignments.

MS: What gave you the idea to open this kind of business?

JC: A combination of things led me to starting Continuity. I grew up around antiques, I like vintage goods, I’m into the green movement, I wanted to open a unique destination shop downtown, and I wanted to have fun!

MS: Is this your first business?

JC: Yes, but I spent the last five years working for the Chamber of Commerce where we helped so many others start businesses that I felt compelled to start my own.

MS: Why the name Continuity?

JC: Continuity means continuous movement. A lot of these pieces in my store haven’t been changed since they were produced. My store is giving them a chance to continue on to a new life instead of going to a landfill.

MS: How will you differentiate yourself from similar businesses in the area?

JC: There are no businesses like this in Muskegon. My store is not like an antique shop where everything is crammed into whatever space it can fit in. My store has separate vignettes where each piece is specifically laid out.

MS: Why did you decide to open your business Downtown?

JC: To put it simply, there was no other option. Downtowns are places people expect to find unique businesses like mine. I’m a diehard believer in Muskegon, so I wanted my store to be in this downtown.

MS: Why did you choose Third Street for your shop?

JC: It is a very diverse neighborhood. You see all types walking down the street. I also see Third Street becoming a niche vintage area.

MS: Perhaps the most important question is when will your store open?

JC: I will have a soft opening on Tuesday, June 8th. I will have a grand opening later on in June.

MS: What will your store hours be?

JC: Tuesday – Friday from 10:30am to 6pm
Saturday from 10:30am to 4pm
Sunday – Monday the store will be closed

MS: Thank you for meeting with me and good luck!

Check it out on the web

Continuity's Website
Continuity's Facebook
Continuity's Twitter

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home